Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rusty repurpose!


First, just let me start by saying: "shame, shame, all over my name!" Those were my first thoughts as I opened the door to my "junk house" today. You see, I'm fortunate enough to live on a farm (been a farm girl all my life) and we have some sweet out buildings. This one in particular is an old homesteader house that was moved to our farm years and years ago, and used for a variety of things...even a granary. After I witnessed it sit empty for sooo long...unclaimed by neither the hubby or the children....I declared this fine old home to be my own! Why the shame? Well, after I cleaned out years of dirt, dust and cobwebs, I had a couple windows put in and a better door, and wired in some flood lights. This was SUPPOSED to be my new workshop. Hahahahahahahahaha. It didn't take the packrat in me long and I had it too full to work in. Come to think of it...I really don't see a problem with that! :) These are just pictures from today...it's been WAY more full at times. My junk sisters just rolled their eyes and made that sound with their tongues (tsk, tsk) and told me I need not shop for any more junk. Hahahahahaha. That's half the fun!

If you notice in the picture with the aqua colored bentwood chair...a tube shaped rusty thingamajig. After I got done laughing at my self for not conquering this overstuffed house of junk, I looked at that rusty piece and had one of those Aha moments.


I rinsed it off and brought it in the house, grabbing a few shoe forms to balance it on.
Do you know what this fine rusty specimen was in it's former life? I'm pretty sure I do (okay, hubby gave me a few hints). After I get a few guesses I'll add my answer to the comments...so check back and see!!


No comments:

Post a Comment