Friday, May 8, 2009

It's genetics!

Thrift stores, rummage sales, auctions, so on and so forth. I just can't get enough of them! But how does one acquire the appeal for these things that "some" might think is just ODD fun. From my earliest memories my Mom was always a fan of all of these. My siblings and I grew up in second hand clothes...and loved them (well, most of them). Many of our "treasures" were found in the bottom of the box. You know...the one more box they just had to throw in with the item she was bidding on at an auction. But, jeesh, who could turn that box down...you never know what goodies it might hold.





We were at her side at many of those sales. I do have to admit there was a short time in my life that I rolled my eyes when she'd mention going to another thrift shop. I just didn't "get" it. But thank goodness I came to my senses!!




So here's to you, Mom. Cheers to the fun times, to the lessons learned, the shoulder offered.




Your hands so strong, but yet such a gentle touch.


I'm so glad you passed the "junkin" gene on! And when that Sweet Man-O-Mine says "You've become your Mother." I simply say THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment