Thursday, May 28, 2009

Friday's Fave Five--Papa Oom Mow Mow


Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts this lovely weekly meme where I get the opportunity show off my stellar-picture-taking-skills-NOT.




Proof:

This is my daughter, "Blurina" at her spring choral concert. She's the blur on the left.

So these kinds of memes are always a challenge for me, especially when I read you moms who just bought your new Nikon Five Million XLG camera and are taking macro shots of your baby's pores. And may I say they are lovely pores. My Blurina has lovely pores, too, but thanks to my pitcher-takin' skilz, you'll never know.



Fave #1: Quakes! Oh.My.Goodness. And I do mean goodness. My favorite flavor is chocolate because they are cocoa-licious; when you taste these, you definitely get your chocolate fix. Seven mini-cakes = 60 calories, and they satisfy the need for crunch and chocolate. YUM. Or as the Beach Boys so eloquently put it: "Papa-oom-mow-mow, papa-oom-mow-mow."








Fave #2: Christmas in May. Look what came to my house yesterday--the 16 Amy Grant CD's that I won at BooMama's place recently.







This is not a pic of Fave #3; this is a pic of my 5 faves out of the 16 [Keeping in mind I have not listened to some of her earliest music, so I'm so grateful to have those.] They are A) Heart in Motion B) Home for Christmas C) A Christmas to Remember D) House of Love, and E) My all-time fave: Behind the Eyes




OK, Fave #3: The Philosophy skin care package that came in the Amy Grant box. For years I've read how celebrities love this stuff, and I just never thought I'd ever try it because I assumed it would be too expensive. Tonight I have to sit down and read through all of the notes and steps. This means that by this time tomorrow I shall look like ... Oprah Winfrey, who is reportedly a fan.


Fave #4: Here's one that will surprise you coming from me: a book. I actually requested this book to review, and I have read it through once and intend on turning the corner and starting from the beginning again. This is Warren Cole Smith's A Lover's Quarrel with the Evangelical Church. It's a sort of deconstruction of the movement, but it's not all about ripping apart the Body for the sake of being critical. It is written with an honest but gentle hand, hence the title. But many churches are re-vamping the way they do church--saying goodbye to "Body-Count Evangelism" and "parachurches" that we have come to know and expect from the Twentieth Century. Only I didn't say that as well as he does. I recommend you read the book. And so would Mr. Smith, I'm sure.


Fave #5: The Indiana state flower: the Peony. Love. Them. Ants and all. This is one perfume I cannot get enough of!

Please go visit Susanne to link up to others who are sharing their Fave Fives this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment