Saturday, May 30, 2009

Coincidences and Corresponding Sound Effects = Stupefication

For posterity, I need to document here that I was watching a TV show when an interview with Cameron Diaz started. At that same moment, I was working a crossword puzzle, and the answer to a clue was "Cameron Diaz."

[This is where you play the sound effect.]



I really wish that in real life, whenever something startling happened, I could summon this sound.

Same day, later in the afternoon:

I was listening to the radio in my master bath, and the song I mentioned last week, "Blinded by the Light" came on, and I heard the lyrics, "Bogart Mozart was checking out the weather chart to see if it was safe outside," when I walked past the TV in my room and who was on the screen but ... Humphrey Bogart.



Perhaps the biggest irony, though, is that when I checked the lyrics to that ridiculous song again, I saw that all these years I've been singing "Bogart Mozart" when it is actually "go-cart Mozart," so there was no coincidence at all, except in my head.



Pooey.

But the Cameron Diaz one, now that's just crazy-ironic.

Honestly, if my writing were any more interesting, could you stand this blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment