Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You Had Me at "Mango" - 'Cause You're So Smooooth

Man it's a hot one
Like seven inches from the midday sun
I hear you whisperin' words that melt everyone
But you stay so cool ....

You've probably wondered what inspired Rob Thomas to write those words, haven't you? OK, I'll tell you. Read on:

I made my own Mango/Pineapple smoothie yesterday (Rob had a premonition, like, 10 years ago about this Smoothie), and since I died and went to heaven upon the first sip, I thought I'd send you this missive from above so that you, too, can taste "The Mango Madness" as I am dubbing this creation.

Mango Madness

In a blender, blend: (Duh, that's why it's called "blender," Lidna, duh.)

1/2 c. Dole frozen mango chunks (60 cal)
1/2 c. Dole frozen pineapple chunks (50 cal)
1/2 c. nonfat vanilla yogurt (55 cal)
1/2 c. Dole Pina Colada juice (60 cal) (I am also a big fan of the coconut, so this excites me.)

And, look! It's all half-cups, so it's easy to remember!

These 225 cals of tropical ambrosia [which I drank right from the pitcher, oh yes I did] pack a boatload of vitamin C.

If I had a little paper umbrella, I'd sure throw it in before I glugged it out of the pitcher.

So there you have it: "Mango Madness Smoothie By Lid." I beg of you, as does Rob Thomas, "Let's don't forget about it."

No comments:

Post a Comment