Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Diamond in the rough!

There are just some things that would scare almost anyone away. Take this mirror for example...thick with mold and crud. Not a breath of life left in this one. Right? Wrong. I tend to look beyond the crud, and thought this old mirror and frame deserved another chance. And even to MY surprise...I found a diamond in the rough. Here's the before.Here's the after. After a few waves with my magic wand. The silver is in poor shape on the back of the mirror, causing it to take on a true vintage personality...which makes me love it even more.Here are a few more treasures I've acquired recently.




Now, I don't know much about waffle makers (and please excuse the fact this is not clean!) but I just think this is the darn cutest little thing!

What thrifty treasures have you found lately? Check out some great stuff at I Love Yardsales with Rhoda of Southern Hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment