Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Have you hugged a farmer today?

Well, have you hugged a farmer today? Or, at least thanked one? And I don't mean for the obvious reason, like the fact they FEED THE WORLD...I mean because they have the COOLEST junk ever...seriously, the best. And, if a farmer thinks you could possibly use some of his "junk" to make some creations for Junk Fest, you really DO want to give him a HUG!

So, here's the deal...Mr. Farmer stopped by the office a few weeks ago and said he had some stuff I may be interested in and I should stop out to his farm... So, do we all agree this long trough looking thing is cool? He also had this iron piece with lots of holes...I've got a couple ideas for it...Here's an old corn planter I can certainly give some new life to, a small little stool, and some iron grates...
The pail (you can't see the wheels in this photo) was a mop bucket. When you see it at Junk Fest it will NOT be sold as a mop bucket!I think these round deals were off an old stove...love 'em...and does anyone know what the other two things are? They are quite heavy and about 5-6 inches long. I have no idea what they are, but I know what they WILL be!
I saved the very best for last...a whole pail full of old doorknobs! I love them...chippy, some ornate, some rusty...love, love, love! Just look at the pink one, HELLO! I have a fab-u-lous idea for these; they'll be made into something very unique!
So, mark your calendar for Saturday, September 12, 2009....JUNK FEST is right around the corner. Holy crap-ola, I have alot of work to do before then! Hey, Junk Sisters, I will get busy after I quit admiring my new stuff. Oh, and thanks again for thinking of me and JUNK FEST, Mr. Farmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment