Thursday, June 4, 2009

Friday's Fave Five: New Experiences This Week

Each Friday Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts this meme that allows us to share our five favorite whatevers from our week.

Watch now as I share some favorites that were new to me this week (fade to fuzzy dream sequence):




1. New Recipe:

Crispy Sweet Potato Fries

2 lbs. large sweet potatoes scrubbed up real purty
1 T olive oil
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper

Preheat to 450. Halve the potatoes, cut into 1/2" wedges. Toss with oil, salt and pepper in bowl. Arrange single layer on nonstick baking sheet. Bake, turning once, until browned and crips, about 35 mins. Photo courtesy Recipetips.com


Fave #2: New exercise: Exercise Ball Crunch



This is what I'm learning at the gym I joined. It's different from regular crunches because your back flexes backwards over the ball before you come up, as opposed to lying on a flat surface. Other words: full range of broken vertebrae motion.

Fave new experience #3: Weeding a communal garden.





We are joining several couples in our small group in a gardening effort. Here you see me attempting my first-ever weeding session in our Victory Garden. It was tough. I mean, who knew vegetables looked so much like weeds.








New faves 4 and 5: These hilarious videos.





No comments:

Post a Comment