Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Short Post

It's Thursday, 8:20pm, and I just returned from an outdoor tent celebration of the life of a friend who passed away, making this my second funeral of three this week.

Quickly just wanted to share a couple of thoughts relative to the significance:

... A home video of Lenette, mom of three, wherein her son asks her several years ago, "Do you like your life?" and she answers, "I love my life," and enumerates all the reasons she loves it. It was absolutely emotionally grueling to watch, but it was oh so good and important.

... Jorge and I walk to the car, and he observes that not everyone can say that. Her life may have been shortened, but she loved her boys and her life. There are people who live three times as long unhappy with everything. So we celebrate her love of life, and let that inspire us to love our lives even more.

... Should not put off going to see people who are ill, even if you think you might be taxing them or interrupting because you will regret it. Sadly, I did this with two of these friends. Two minutes is better than zero.

... A thought from the spouse of my dear friend who passed, "When your spouse is in a bad mood, be thankful. A bad mood is better than no mood." I will always remember that.

I would like to say to my husband one more time today, I love you. I promise to take you for good, bad, better, worse, sickness and health. I'll always be with you until the very end.

I'll be back to normal posting tomorrow, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment