Thursday, September 3, 2009

Friday's Faves & Internet Cafe Today

I'm in for a quick Friday's Fave Five, but I'm also posting at Internet Cafe today, so please do go and say hi over there when you finish reading my list. I would appreciate it "ever so much."

This stuff works, and it's less expensive than Mary Kay's. I just dot it around my eye and especially under my eye, and it looks like I'm healthy again and not like I've been awake since the Preppy look was all the rage. Almay, you light up my life, and my eyes.


She's holding canning jars. Yes, I helped, a little, some friends can salsa this week. And the part that is the Fave Five is the snatched-from-the-garden fresh tomatoes. Oh. my. lanta.

Is there anything like a vine-ripened tomato? No there is not. It is like eating a ball of summer sunshine. You can literally taste sunshine. So I've been taking sunshine with me to work and eating it at my desk. Yum.

Ahhh, we renewed our World Magazine subscription. It's a great publication. Trust me. Get one from the library and just see what you think. I actually didn't know such a quality publication existed.


Yes, the bathroom scale. This week, it was my friend. I have now lost 10 lbs. since May. This. is. good.


I had a S'mores party, which I will post about at a later date. There were seven of us, eight if you include my little beloved, my little Pretty. The Precious.




I did indeed save you a seat. Pick up a second or third cup and tell me what you think.

Why is it that in the middle of a restless night, worries come at you like a flock of geese relentlessly honking and snipping, demanding the bread in your hand? As soon as you give a morsel to one, another comes charging at you.

As I write this, it’s 2:30 am. I’ve been lying awake due to mid-life hormonal power surges and a persistent snore beside me. Before I rose, my personal flock of geese was closing in, snatching my peace thought by anxious thought.

Question: What do you do when worries surround you?

No comments:

Post a Comment