Monday, September 7, 2009

The Lamest Mom There

The lamest team mom there. That's how I felt after Saturday's cross country (XC) meet.

Why?

First of all, my camera was set on some weird setting that I needed for Oneighty. I forgot to reset it to normal befor XC. So ALL of the pics are blurry.

Secondly, behold the complete and utter photography incompetence:













Yes, I actually had a prime place "in the chute," standing there waiting for her, anticipating the best pic ever (for me). I saw a girl running all by herself in our uniform, and I said to myself, "I hope she comes through alone. But this girl is a blonde, so I know it's not her." The runner came closer, and I realized it was my girl, and so I scrambled to get the pic, holding the camera up to my face to discover it had automatically shut off! By the time I got it turned back on, she was completely across the finish line, and I wanted to punch myself in the face after stomping the camera to death. Fantasy.

I hope you can learn something from me, the mom feeling weird in the parental smack-talk T-shirt with zero photography skilz. I'm not sure what that lesson would be though, except "Don't be me." In fact, strive to become the "Anti-Lid." It's what all the competent team moms do.

No comments:

Post a Comment