Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Answers to Random Dozen #3

I want to apologize to all of you who participated in the meme yesterday. I could not come around to see all of you because I was very saddened and distracted by the loss of a life-long friend yesterday. I just didn't have it in me to blog hop and comment. BUT ... I will get around to visiting your post. Thanks for understanding.



1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share.

Once, a friend asked me to go up to a boy and ask if he would like to go with her to a dance. Unbeknownst to her, I also had a crush on this boy, but I did as requested, although I was very nervous to even talk to him. So I said, "So and So wants to know if you would go to the dance with her, if she asked you." And he just looked at me and said, "You have gum on your lip."

DIED right there and slid into the cracks of the cheap tile floor in the band room. No one has seen me since.

2. What's your favorite Beatles song?

I've never been a huge fan, but lately, I have been enjoying "Revolution" a whole bunch. Like over and over.

3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be?

This is easy. (Who am I talking to? I made the questions up, so I just said that to myself.) Thin black sweater, maybe a turtle or V-neck, dark, classic-fit jeans.

4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?

I wrote this because I was getting ready to host a surprise party for my sister-in-law, and my ineptitude as a hostess was front and center in my mind. So I would rather be a guest. But I do like to decorate tables. But it's pathetic to decorate tables if you're not actually hosting people, I have found.

5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?

I don't think we will for a few more years yet, but I think at some point, yes. There will always be collections of books, I think, in libraries, but they will be more like museum pieces. I personally like to hold and smell a book.

6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing?

What did you say? I wasn't listening. OH-Reading. Definitely. That's why I hate to call support for the software I use at church. I would rather print help off and refer to that than have them walk me through it while I'm nervous because I'll never remember it.

7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?)

I absolutely hated to be sung to. It gave me the same feeling I have when I see the horrible auditions for American Idol--I want to hide under a pillow. More than the kiss of death, it was the plague of death. I would be so embarrassed for the person because no one sings as well as he/she thinks.

8. Snacks. Salty or sweet?

How do I manage to work these cookies into every single post?









9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there?

This strange, plastic, Gumby-like dog frame that I used to have on my desk at work. As you can see, Zoe is in the picture. I think I hate to throw it away but don't know what to do with it. Maybe I will take it back into work and when little kids come by my desk, they can play with it. That is a brilliant idea. Thanks. You're welcome.

10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?

I loved Rain Man and The Firm.

11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle?

I use it as body wash and leg shaving lubricant. Because it smells like coconut.

12. Your favorite Fall comfort food? (Last week it was beverage.)

There they are again. Oh, I don't really know. Who made up these stupid questions?! I guess I would say some kind of pumpkin muffin or bread. Oh, also apple crisp with plenty of topping. I like rich soups, too, like broccoli soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment