Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Pumpkin-licious!

Yep, fall is in the air! I have looked everywhere in town for faux white pumpkins to decorate with and could find none. I really want to get my house spiffed up before my parents, sisters and aunt and uncle (from Spokane!) arrive for JUNK FEST. I decided I'll just paint some of the orange ones I already have...This is the end result - all satin ivory covered. Oh, the chair will be FOR SALE at JUNK FEST. It started out yucky brown with an even uglier vinyl seat in a green color I've never seen before! Burlap, batting and stenciled-on numbers make for a new cushion!Here are more painted pumpkins in a darker shade of ivory...I know, I know...black pumpkins? I love 'em! (Sorry for the bad reflection in this picture). I added some scrapbooking letters to one of the pumpkins to give it a little zip (they are raised letters that look like keys from an old typewriter). Wouldn't REAL old typewriter keys glued on be fun too? One more thing - the neat old suitcase in this picture will be FOR SALE at Junk Fest also! So don't throw out those old pumpkins; simply give 'em a face-lift! And, see you soon at JUNK FEST where we junk girls will have lots of fun, fresh fall decor and neat accessories for displaying it in and on!

No comments:

Post a Comment