Thursday, September 24, 2009

Friday's Fave Five

Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts a great Friday meme, which is cleverly named, FRIDAY'S Fave Five. You should jump in. Funny how when you're little, you don't like to be cut in line at school, but on blogs, you invite people to jump in. I guess I would appreciate it, though, if you read through this first! (Uh, but you don't have to, and I'll never know it.)



Here we go: #1. This is the dress I ordered on line from Penney's. For some reason, I've been looking for a black wrap dress for a long time. Made of matte jersey, which I love because it has "body." Also, v-neck but not too much chestage, covers upper arms and is a nice length. Bingo. It's on back order until 9.28, though. So I don't know if I truly like it yet, but I couldn't keep it to myself; I had to tell you about it because we are BFFs and we share everything important. I hope I look just like this in it, except not as brunette.



#2: The shot of Kristin I've been trying to get for four weeks. I am now an awesome mom.



#3: Katie took this pic of Jorge and me, which makes me smile. He does look a little tipsy here, but keep in mind he's a teetotaler and we're at a XC meet, so the only drug he's on is LUV.



#4: New candle holders that I bought at Cracker Barrel, that regional restaurant that most of you have never heard of (according to my Random Dozen meme) a few weeks ago with friends. Love getting the Fall decorations out because most of my house is done in autumnal colors. You can click on it if you'd like to see it better. And see my Kazakh "taking the trash out" shoes at the patio doors better.


#5: Last but not least is this picture taken by my friend, Claudia, which she posted on FB. I asked if I could post it here, and she said, "Yes." Which worked out nicely for me, since it's one of my favorite photos I've seen in a while and this is a meme about favorites. In case you can't make it out, it's a chipmunk sitting safely in the hands of Jesus in a cemetery.

Now, a couple of weeks ago, I posted on FB that on the way to work, I hit a chipmunk. And he died. That was the first live thing I've ever hit in 30 years of driving. Still, it made me feel really bad. So guess what the first thing I thought of was when I saw this pic?

Thanks, Claudia! Thanks, Susanne!




Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment