Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Link Up for the Random Dozen


Feel free to copy and paste the questions, post your answers, then come back here and link up so that we can come visit you. Hopefully, no one will die this week, preventing me from visiting you.

I have to tell you that question #11 was written in honor of my friend Linda at Mocha with Linda who told me a celeb look-alike story once that I have never forgotten.

It's just a little story but one of those that when someone tells you, you fall off your chair laughing like you're drunk because it just strikes you as so stinkin' funny. I don't even know why it's so funny to me. I am SURE it will not be as funny to you as it was to me, but all I can say is, it has never failed to crack me up whenever I think of it, which I try not to do often because my boss frowns on my falling off the chair at work.

Here is an excerpt from the post wherein I respond to the story, February, 2008:

Favorite comment of the week:

Regarding my post called Old Happens, which speaks to the natural phenomenon of thighs sliding down our legs and other aging atrocities, one commenter said, "I don't know why, but when I was in high school, my mother told me that I looked like Ted Koppel."

Well, dear Reader, I don't believe a satisfactory explanation exists for this kind of crazed attack, except that maybe it was the day your mom's menopause kicked in AND she got a bad haircut AND an eviction notice AND the McDonald's employee messed up her drive though order AGAIN.

Still. There had to be more frustration than that to inspire that kind of remark.

So maybe you then made a smart-alecky high schooler remark which proved to be your mom's tipping point, so she glanced around the room desperately looking for some way to unleash her exasperation, and Nightline just happened to be on, and so she yelled to you, "And YOU ... why, you look just like ... Ted Koppel!"

Oh, dear Reader, I am as sure that you do not look like Ted Koppel as I am of the inexplicable two pound weight gain that greets me every morning on the scale.

No one looks like Ted Koppel except for Hermie the Elf. [You aren't Hermie, are you?]










And so my "Dear Reader" and Co-Lid Linda knows exactly how to get me every time in a comment--she brings up the Ted Koppel incident.

And I am defenseless.

OK, the questions: [I'm answering tomorrow.]

1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.
2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?
3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?
5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?
6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.
7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?
8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of tooth brushing and jammies?
10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?
11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?
12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?

No comments:

Post a Comment