Tuesday, November 30, 2010

On Sneezing

You know it's bad when you sneeze so much that you blow the Post-It notes off of things they're attached to, like your monitor, phone, folders and framed pics. Come think of it, you know it's bad when you have Post-It notes stuck to every surface on your desk, flat or bumpy, because you can't remember anything.

Anyway, I'm on a roll. A sneezing jag, if you will.

My boss always has a certain number of sneezes he must get out of his system before his sneeze-a-thons end. I think it's four, and they're Texan sneezes, so look out.

Still, I don't think he has blown Post-Its around like a snowstorm.

Once, when I was in middle school band, I sneezed numerous times, too ridiculously many to count. The band director stared at me as if to say, "Finished?" But I just kept on, not even on tempo. Finally, with that swoopy conductor thing that band directors do, he silenced the band and sat in feigned awe, watching me sneeze. Of course, everyone laughed. Then I excused myself to his office, where I set all of his sheet music on fire and laughed while it burned.

Just kidding. I finished the jag.

I wonder if my sneezes blew any of his papers around on his desk?

That is all for today. For now.

Here's lookin A-choo, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment