Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Nod to Nature

I'm not one to have a Christmas tree in every room of my house, but a recent find at a thrift store, and an earlier find/gift for my hunter husband prompted some "thinking" while pulling out the seasonal decor this past week. You know what happens when one gets to thinking, don't you?





I've had a small rustic/primitive tree for several years....sometimes I use it, sometimes I don't.
Earlier this summer, while visiting a local junker/picker/seller I found this wooden crate with metal reinforced sides. Both ends say "Bowman" and have some numbers on them. Since my husband is an avid bow hunter (perhaps you've heard me refer to him as the Great White Hunter?) I thought this would be something right up his alley. Just so happens my little primitive tree fits quite nicely inside.




I threw in an old broken feather wreath to help fill the crate.





Since hubs was out hunting (muzzleloader season) I snuck out to his stash of antlers and grabbed a few for the tree. Can you see 'em?


Throw in a couple of pinecone ornaments & berry sprigs.....











Add some vintage postcard looking ornaments and some faux fowl feathers (say that three times fast after a round of egg nog!)






And here's the tree, with a nod to nature and the G.W.H!




Oh yeah, the thrift store find....almost forgot to show you! You've seen lots of sweater-turned-pillow transformations....here's mine! The colors were perfect for the den (a.k.a. "dead animal room"). It's the only room in the house where he's allowed to hang his...well, dead animals. Not to worry....I won't be showing you any pics of the critters.....don't want to creep anyone out!



Oops! Yes, that is an animal hide on the chair above....it's hiding a rip in the chair seat. It is good for something!!






No comments:

Post a Comment