Sunday, November 28, 2010

Kitchen Light Switcheroo

I told you. You didn't believe me, did you? I told you I was working on my kitchen light post...yes, I know I've promised a few other posts too. When I "get my act together" I'll get them to you. (please don't hold your breath until then!)

















Here's the light we put in when we remodeled. Cute as a button...but gives off very little light. ***One of my remodeling mistakes...picking the sweetest, most adorable light fixtures...and finding out later that none of them give off much light! Uhg.












O.M.G. Yes, that is a FLY sitting (and no doubtedly pooping) on my light! SHOO fly!











So I picked up a pendant kit at Lowes. I know Mr. Sweet Man-O-Mine can handle this.
















But then I questioned whether I did the right thing. I picked up the brushed nickel finish because I thought it would match the "new" old shade....but....it really doesn't match my earth tone kitchen with aged brass hardware.






Dang.









So I pondered. To spray or not to spray? Aged copper or textured bronze?






I hate decisions.








WAIT A MINUTE!!! I almost forgot about this sweet little antique light fixture I grabbed at an antique store recently.












Perfect.








It's so darn cute I just want to lick it.






Ok. That was a bit of an exaggeration.







Are you ready to see the shade? The JunkFest Girls and I each fondled inspected this ?minnow trap? section while at a super secret junk haven recently. I snatched it up for a mere $3.








The spray paint can shows you how BIG it is. See?







One little issue was getting the light fixture secured in the "new" old shade. I use a metal cone shaped thingy from a cream separator thingy and wired it to stay. Forgot to snap pics at that point cause I was so danged excited to get er done!








The brushed nickel of the ceiling portion is completely hidden by the antique light fixture. All I had to do was string it through.








Uhm. Who's turn was it to do the dishes???? Darn kids.









I absolutely adore my "new" old kitchen light! I think it's safe to say it's my favorite light in the entire house. Look at the fabulous shadowing it throws at the ceiling...SaWeet!


This post linked to:





Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special







DIY Project Parade

Frugalicious Friday



No comments:

Post a Comment