Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In a Bind?

A few years ago I noticed Marsha was using these clips to hold her binding in place while she sewed it down.  They looked exactly like something I used back in the pincurl days of high school.  A long time ago.  Actually, I think they are the same thing, just repurposed.  This summer I broke down and bought a pack of them for myself.

By golly!  They are a dream to use!  And make a satisfying little PONK sound when snapped in place.  I'm just delighted with 'em.

Got a lot of binding ready to start.  There's a super secret Christmas project for an international swap that has to be done first.  Bought some terrific plain black out in Amish country, no less, for that binding.

Last night I picked up two quilts I'd left with a new [to me] longarmer in our area.  Oh, my!  She did a gorgeous job.  I was absolutely delighted with her work.  One is the brown and aqua stars quilt that Tom wants for a Christmas gift for his good friends.  Mary Ellen quilted it in a meander with interspersed stars pattern and I'm so pleased with the way the quilting shows up in the border.  I promise to post a photo before it leaves home.

The second quilt is made from the Mocha Trails pattern but isn't anywhere near as gorgeous as the one Nicole is making.  When it is bound, I'm donating it to a group from church to raffle off for their upcoming mission trip to Guatemala.  Too bad the quilt doesn't have anything to do with Guatemala -- it is all Civil War re-enactors.  Again, as soon as it is bound, I'll post a photo.

And while you wait, go out and get some of these clips.  I'm telling you, they're fantastic.



No comments:

Post a Comment