Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Boyfriend's Back

My boyfriend's back.

Oh yes he is, and I'm so happy.

Let me tell you about him:

He's humble, even self-deprecating, yet ambitious, with a professional goal in the medical field, even though the odds seem stacked against him.

He has successfully emancipated himself from both his mother and his boring job and often expresses how much he cherishes his independence. He's a maverick.

He can stand up for himself with high-powered CEO types and rub elbows right along with the common folk in factories.

He can sing, even writes his own tunes when the moment is right, so in addition to being focused professionally, he has a spontaneous, artsy side, as well.

His clothing choices reflect his unique personality; he is no slave to fashion trends. His hair is neat and very stylized. I think Clinton Kelly would approve.

He's not very tall, but that doesn't matter to me. I do care about good teeth, and so does he. I'm talking perfect dental hygiene.

He is the friend of those who are marginalized and misunderstood.

And he's kind to animals. {Dreamy sigh.}

Some people might not appreciate my attraction to his soft-spokeness, his gentile mannerisms, but I've had my fill of the Yukon Corneliuses of this world--so, in the words of The Angels (1963) It's Christmastime and, "Hey la, Hey la, My Boyfriend's Back."

Oh Hermey. I've missed you so.




No comments:

Post a Comment