Sunday, November 14, 2010

Eat. Sew. Laugh.

Home tonight from another weekend at White Oak.  The weather was gorgeous and we were able to have some of our meals outside.  There were eleven present, which is about the maximum for comfort and floor space availability.  It was lovely to see dear Cecelia again and to get to know Pat and Bobbi even better.  Those two are the  newest members of our group and already it is difficult to remember not having them. 

Such talent was present in the room!

Saturday evening seven of us had an interesting experience of attending a turkey dinner at the local firehouse.  The meal was so-so, but watching the interactions of the Amish people who were present made the experience well worth the ten dollars we'd paid.  I especially enjoyed a table of teen-age girls in their solid color dresses (some pinned and a few with buttons) with white prayer cap strings trailing over their shoulders; they were as giggly and silly as any group of "English" teens. 

I didn't take a lot of photographs; I was focused on making my brown and pink baby quilt for friends of Andrew and Amy who are expecting a daughter in February. 

I did take a picture of The Farmer's Whatever, however, and then gave her away.  The whole time I'd been making this quilt, I knew it was for Turbo, who has made and given away more quilts, I think, that anyone I know.  She liked it.


No comments:

Post a Comment