Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tackling the Dozen Myself

1. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?

Three days ago, I was looking at Cake Wrecks and lost it. Then I discovered Museum of Bad Art and lost it. Literally-tears running down the cheeks-kind of "lost it." Cake Wrecks does this to me like no other. One day I was laughing so hard that Jorge tried to get out the video cam to record me, and my daughter just sort of stood in the distance with a half-amused, half-scared look on her face. She said it was the hardest she's ever seen me laugh in my life, and we do a LOT of laughing around here. It's the commentary that kills me as much as the pics. So here is one pic from MOBA, copied without permission, but I'm sending you there, so it's OK, right? But you'll have to go to the collection to read the commentary.

2. If you found $10 today, what would you do with it?

I would probably spend it on Starbucks. SURPRISE. If Sbux were out of the picture, I might end up at Hobby Lobby, as I am redecorating my bathroom, and that could purchase a candle or something else dangerous I could wreak havoc with in my home.

3. Do you volunteer anywhere?

Once a month, I volunteer at the place I'm employed by registering middle schoolers who come to Oneighty on Sunday nights. I enjoy it because I get to see their sweet teenaged faces, greet them warmly, and ask them to repeat their information 5 or 6 times because they mumble and I have OLD ears, and music is blaring in the background. This Sunday is our big season kick-off, big doin's. Very exciting.

4. What is your favorite summertime veggie or fruit, and how do you eat it?

I love Gala apples. I've been eating them with feta cheese and Brianna's poppyseed dressing. My children are making fun of me because of my apparent poppyseed addiction. I always have at least two bottles around, sometimes a couple more which are not quite empty. I just get nervous at the grocery thinking I might be out (Gasp!) and so I go ahead a buy a bottle, just for security. But I'm not addicted. I'm not. I've also been enjoying nectarines and peaches. How do I eat them? Raw, no preparation, which is just the right amount of exertion I like when cooking.

5. Is your social sphere (circle of friends) small, medium or large?







You know, I'm not sure anymore. In school, I had one good friend. In college and early married years, I had ... Jorge. Then a few years ago, I became involved with my Girls Group that I have spoken of so often which meets every Wednesday night. And then there's blogging. Yes, I consider some bloggers "real" friends. I do! They are precious to me; they share in my life, and I share theirs, only I forget their stuff because I'm

A)Old
B)Kind of self-centered

And they love me anyway. And then there are the Facebook friends, which are mainly old high school friends, who I'm talking to just about every day now. Sharing some pretty good stuff, too, not just surfacy stuff. So, social networking is broadening my circle, and while some relationships are infrequent and better described as "acquaintances," some are true-blues, capable of pinky swears and sleepovers, if it were possible through cables.

6. When was the last time you attended a family or school reunion? How did that go?

Dude! Last Saturday night I went to a multi-year reunion at a classmate's lovely home. It was a great time. I did indeed regress to high school, completely obsessing about what to wear, but in the end, it did not matter.

7. When you're feeling blue, what is the best way someone can cheer you up?

Well, I think the answer might be to show me Cake Wrecks or MOBA selections! Also, I think just shooting me a short message helps. Going out for Sbux is always good.

8. Have you taken a vacation this summer?













OH, how I love answering this question. Yes. Yesyesyesyesyes. I'm kind of still there in my head. In fact, I'm posting about my feverish obsession soon.

9. What is the most unnecessary item you carry with you all the time?

A GIANT bag, like a beach bag. It is unnecessary to carry that diaper-bag-in-disguise, and most of the stuff is unnecessary, yet I neeeeed it! If you know what I mean. But I always have something extremely weird in there. Today I was toting around plastic palm trees and a shell, which I will explain another day in a post.

10. What is the best summer flick you have seen so far?

Night and Day, while we were in Siesta Key. Fun flick. Pretty people in lead roles.







11. Describe a perfect summer day.


No work, no obligations. Get up, have coffee, check blog and facebook, run. Listen to music or pray while I run. Shower. Putter around house. Lunch. Pick up book I'm working on, lie on chaise lounge on deck, drift off to sleep for an outdoor summer afternoon nap. Wake, take Zoe for a walk, return, eat, backyard fire. My tastes are simple. I love routine, and I know what makes my mind, body and soul feel good. PS: If I still had small children, this day would be different, but I don't, and I'm adjusting to that.















12. Please a share a favorite photo from the summer so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment