Thursday, August 12, 2010

Before & After

Today I'm linking up with Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Friday over here , and Funky Junk Donna's SNS #43 here. When I came across these chairs I wasn't so sure I wanted anything to do with them. I'm not a huge fan of caning. That was...until I saw it painted and distressed.



Before: Ick



After: Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
And here's my inspiration below. Miss Mustard Seed is one of my (many) favorite blogs.
This made me a believer in caned chairs. The slipcovered seat sealed the deal!


Copy Me Challenge


Even though I didn't embellish mine with a stripe to mimic an old feedsack, it's still flirty, fun, and functional. Would even be cute with a monogram on the seat!


Now I have a huge decision to make. Do I keep them (yes, yes, yes!) even though there are only four, and I would prefer 6? Or, do I let some lucky person take them home from JunkFest?



I guess I've got a month (to be exact!) to decide.....what would you do?



No comments:

Post a Comment