Thursday, August 19, 2010

Back to School

ME: "Ok girls. This is our 'First-Day-of-School' picture! Smile! Look alive!.....Pazely, maybe a little less squinting."
ZOEY: "CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......."

ME: "That's better Pazely. But not really. Nevermind. By the way, your socks are all funky. I'm not sure what you were going for, but they're uneven."
ZOEY: "........EEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSE!!!!"
PAZELY: "Mom! Just take the picture!"
ZOEY: "Get the lunchbox in the picture mom! Did you get the lunchbox?"
ME: "Yes, I got the lunchbox Zoey.....OK, how about I get some photos of Zoey by herself first?"
(Pazely stands like a statue. An immovable sculpture. A giant boulder, not about to budge. Stationary.)
ME: "Alright, we'll let Pazely go first."
ME: "Pazely, you're arching your back---just relax your shoulders."
PAZELY: "Mom, do you know how much stuff is IN this backpack?! ...48 pencils, 24 crayons, 18 markers, 3 erasers, 2 giant boxes of kleenex, 2 glue sticks, a bottle of glue, 1 box of Nilla Wafers, 1 package of Chex Mix, a pack of coffee filters & a pair of pointy scissors!"
ME: "Coffee filters? Do the 1st graders drink coffee?"
PAZELY: "Apparantly." 

ME: "OK, it's Zoey's turn for pictures now."


ZOEY: "Step aside Pazely! Exit stage right immediately."
PAZELY: "Warning: Diva has entered the room."
ZOEY: "Pazely! MOVE! You're in the waaaaaay!!!"
(Pazely walks away singing: ♫"I'm too sexy for this backpack... ♫ too sexy for this backpack..."♫)
ZOEY: "Here's my first pose. Casual. Confident. Relaxed & ready for a 2nd grade education...."
ZOEY: "And now I'm giddy. Silly. How about I kick up my right foot in the back & lean over for a little 2nd grade *Squeeee!*"
ZOEY: "And now I'm about to change poses. Still smiling. Still cute. Next I think I'll...."
ZOEY: (**GROWLS!!!!!!!**) "Pazely! You're in my shot! You're head is taking up the whole frame! Get! Out! Of! The! Waaaaaaay!!!! MOM! Make her move! She's ruining EVERYTHING!"
ZOEY: ( **Pouts**)
PAZELY: "I am done with this. I'm going inside to pull up my other sock."
ZOEY: "Hmph!"
ZOEY: (**Quickly flips head toward camera.**) ♫"Cheeeeeeeeeeese!!!"♫
This pose says: Homework? For reals? You wouldn't do that to me would you?
This pose says the same thing. Only on the other side.

This pose oozes: I'm sweet. I'm adorable. And yes, you can give me 2nd's on that cafeteria dessert.
I'm swinging my lunchbox from side to side, I'm swinging, swinging.....
ZOEY: "Get the lunch box mom. K?"
ME: (rolls eyes) "Got it."
ME: "What now, Zoey?"
ZOEY: "I'm smiling while, at the same time, planning my next pose..."

BOTH GIRLS: "One...two...three...First day of school! Yippee"

No comments:

Post a Comment