Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cafe Con Leche

The way this blog has been recently, you might be wondering, "Is she still a quilter?" 

I've sort of been wondering it myself.

Matt and Carrie were married this past month and their housewarming party is next weekend.  One of those "no gifts, please" events. 

Well, you know me, never have been good and following directions.  Ever since second grade, actually.

So this is their present.  Coffee With Cream or Cafe Con Leche, whether you prefer English or Spanish.  The blocks were the yield of a swap I organized a few years ago.  There was not a single bad block in the batch.  I saw the brown print at the LQS and thought it would go well with the blocks.  Then I saw the binding fabric, which really bowled me over, even though as a matter of principle, I almost never use a light binding.

It's done and ready to gift!  Have a lovely life together, dear Carrie and Matt!




No comments:

Post a Comment