Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer Break: Day 84

Here is the project the girls & I made today with our bubble paintings.
Origami bookmarks!

I have made some simple folded triangle bookmarks in the past, but found THIS triangle/square bookmark to be even better because the square side allows more of the artwork to show. We used heavy cardstock, but I certainly wouldn't use anything more heavy than that. Scrapbook paper would work most excellently. And, of course, origami paper.

We used a 5 1/2" square to create our bookmarks. And then we decorated the leftover strips with rubber stamps & an inkpad.

Punch a hole, & add ribbon, string or yarn.


For more origami bookmark fun, here is a list of Origami bookmarks to fold.
And a VIDEO that shows how to fold a square base bookmark (kinda similar to the one I made) but adding other techniques.

The book we're marking in the photos is Matilda. We're definitely recent Roald Dahl fans. First it was James & the Giant Peach & now Matilda. And I'm currently reading Fantastic Mr. Fox before the children do.
This Summer has definitely brought back a love of reading to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment