Sunday, November 16, 2008

Soul coaching: Day 15 Confronting Fear / Developing Faith

On my list of fears, one of the biggest is that I won't get everything done that I want to do and experience everything that I want to experience during this lifetime and, connected to that, I won't fulfill my potential.

Once we've named our fear, Denise asks we think about how we could survive, even thrive, if this were to happen to you. Well, a bit of a challenge there because the only way I'll know if this actually happened is as I'm about to die. Still there are many gifts in thinking about it.

My first thought is that I hope reincarnation is the way of things. What I don't get done in this life, I can get done in the next, if I'm still inspired to do so. And if that's the case, wow, I can slow down because there is all the time in the world. That feels kind of wonderful.

And as I imagine myself in my last moments, thinking about not having "done it all," I know it doesn't matter. As long as I loved each day that I had, it's all right. And by that I don't mean that I enjoyed each day or appreciated each day. I mean that I got active with the verb love. I mean, I woke up in the morning and said, "Okay, Life, how am I going to love you up today?"

And that's precisely what I intend to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment