Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Crib

Pics of my pad.

Hey everybody, check out my new chilltown apt.

Here's the kitchen.



The kitchen from another angle.



This is the living room.



Here's where all the hot action takes place!



In my mind anyway. This is the view out my bedroom window.



I'm sure you'll see more of the place in future photographs.

When I got off the bus in downtown Northampton yesterday I saw that there was a protest rally going on in front of City Hall. They were protesting the repeal of gay marriage in California.



As usual, there were more women protesters than men.



The sterotype is that lesbians are political, but gayboys just wanna have fun!



Like most stereotypes there's a kernal of truth to it, but there are still plenty of queer guys who are politically involved.

Around noon today I was passing through the area around Fearing Street in Amherst when I noticed a lot of disarray leftover from last night's parties.



Despite my current devotion to sobriety, I sympathize with UMass party culture since I was definitely a member of it when I was a UMass student. In fact, the wildest beer bash I ever attended in my life took place at this little house on North Pleasant Street around 1979. It lasted three days, of which I can only remember the first two.



I don't even wanna know what I did on the third. I realize that in partyland "noon" is known as "dawn" and too early to expect anyone to be awake cleaning up from the night before. But if the kids want the parties to continue without a crackdown, they need to avoid offending the neighbors with sights like this.



In Hamp the other night I saw that there was a big crowd in front of the Calvin waiting to get into the Dark Star Orchestra performance. They specialize in re-creating classic Grateful Dead shows with note for note perfection. For those fans too young to have seen the real Grateful Dead, the Dark Star Orchestra is all they have.



I'm saddened to hear that the last surviving member of the Jimi Hendrix Experience has been found dead.



PORTLAND, Ore. - Mitch Mitchell, drummer for the legendary Jimi Hendrix Experience of the 1960s and the group's last surviving member, was found dead in his hotel room early Wednesday. He was 61.

Mitchell was a powerful force on the Hendrix band's 1967 debut album "Are You Experienced?" as well as the trio's albums "Electric Ladyland" and "Axis: Bold As Love." He had an explosive drumming style that can be heard in hard-charging songs such as "Fire" and "Manic Depression."

Hendrix died in 1970. Bass player Noel Redding died in 2003.


Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive
days I've stayed alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment