Monday, February 1, 2010

Tonight is MY Superbowl--and Here's Your Random Dozen Preview











Tonight is MY Superbowl. The first episode of the FINAL season of the BEST TV series in the history of … even before there was TV: Lost.

Most “Losties” are super excited for this event, and yet we mourn that it is the beginning of the end.

One of my most intelligent friends has said that watching Lost is more like watching a book than a regular TV show because "The characters are so complex, the plot is so rich, the spiritual overtones are so intriguing, and the romance is captivating.”

Wish I said dat.

If you happen to be a spiritual person, this show will definitely interest you.

“Is he … like Jesus?” “Is that one Judas?” “Why does Kate look so good with dirt all over her face and in her hair?”

Anyway, I can hardly write these questions because I have a one track mind, which is currently lost, pun intended, even though it was a bad one. I'm desperate. It's like I can't say "Lost" enough.

OK, two-track. I have to figure out what snack food to take to “THE” party tonight. Yes, I’m watching this in a group. I told you it was like my Superbowl!

I wish I had a team Jersey to wear … it would say, “Shepherd.” Because Jack is definitely the quarterback. And in typical Lostie fashion, I ask, “Is the name ‘Shepherd’ supposed to be symbolic of how he leads the ‘flock?’”




Here are you preview Q’s. Remember, read and write today; post tomorrow. Also remember: "Live Together, Die Alone" (Jack Shepherd, Lost):

The first 6 come from Kelley at I Didn’t Know That! Thanks so much, Kelley! And can you please help us out with #4???

1. Do you use the labels various charities send you as “free gifts?”

2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for skywatching?

3. What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food? (Keep it G-rated please)

4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? (Trust me, there's a reason for this one!)

5. If you could learn a language you don't presently speak, what would it be?

6. Al Capone's tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?

7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like.

8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show?

9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Any other variation we should know about?

10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere?

11. Are you a good speller?

12. At what time each day do you start thinking about Lost lunch?


This is for my fellow Losties:

No comments:

Post a Comment