Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Random Answers

1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?

Running

2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?

1980's "Miracle On Ice" when the American underdogs beat the Russians in hockey. I was a junior in high school, alone in my house watching, which is amazing to me now, and I got so into it that I was jumping around yelling.

And it was so easy to jump up and down for goalie Jim Craig. Hel-lo, Jim Craig. Are you old now like me?

3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?

No. But my sister-in-law, back in the 1960's, was a world champion roller skater. She was on Wide World of Sports once.

4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?

Wielding a curling iron.




5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?

My dad told me that we are Pennsylvania Dutch, which is humorous to me. I guess it doesn't sound very glamorous. Sounds like the name of a train hobo to me. "How 'bout sharin' a can o' beans with ol' Pennsylvania Dutch?"

6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?

No. I enjoy sleeping until I'm ready to wake up, but I rarely sleep late.

7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)

No. I have been shown many times, but due to the stress of imagining myself in that moment while being taught, I promptly forget everything.

8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.

France. I've always been a Francophile. Love the language, mostly. Since I've grown up a bit, I am aware there is some cultural unpleasantness there that would not enamor me, but I'll always have a place in ma coeur pour la francaise. I probably just butchered that sentence. Pardonnez-moi.

9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?

Yes. In high school, I fixed up a couple. They actually got married right after high school, so it was a whopping success, until they got a divorce. Yikes. I've never done that since.

10. What is the last book you read?

Water for Elephants. Loved most of it, but it had some violence and sexuality that I did not care for.

11. Do you enjoy sleeping late? NO, YOU write the question! How's that for random??

I would just like to apologize for my diminishing brain cells that caused me to repeat the question. Pardonnez-moi, Sylvia Plath. I mean, s'il vous plait.

12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?

Vegetable nachos at a local authentic-but-not-really Mexican restaurant called Puerta Vallarta.

Thanks for playing this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment