Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sometimes, Nice Happens

Sometimes, nice happens.

Last week, an old friend stopped by my office to say hello, and she came bearing gifts.

This is Kathy, and she is the one to whom I lied recently in order to help her daughter surprise her for her …. Momentous … birthday.



Kathy is a rep for a company called Thirty-One.

Here are the gifts that Kathy brought me from her company, and I’m still bubbling over with “I can’t believe you did this; I don’t deserve this” feelings.

Can you believe it? Why are people so nice to me??

The funny thing about the note cards is that she ordered the print to read, “Lidna.” But the smart people at the company said, “Hey, this rep may be one of our best, but apparently, she can’t spell. So we’re fixing this for her and Linda.”

Kathy received the corrected notes and then promptly requested a correction on the corrected notes.

Are you sensing she went to a lot of trouble for me?

So I have a set of regular notes with the name my mom gave me in honor of a 1940’s movie star, Linda Darnell, and a set of notes memorializing the way I type my name 9 times out of 10 because the fingers are not necessarily always in sync with the brain.

What a great surprise. Thank you, thank you, Kahthy! KAHTY! It was a mistake, but I'm leaving it!

Question: Has anyone surprised you like this, or have you blessed anyone in a similar manner? What was the occasion, or non-occasion?


No comments:

Post a Comment