Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Little More Love....

......shall be expressed for Robert Downey Jr. And well Guy Ritchie too for casting him in Sherlock Holmes!

I so enjoyed the movie this weekend. Great story, interesting movie and enjoyable to sit and watch RDJ for the time!


I loved the sneak peek they showed forIron Man 2. Not due out though until May...gesh..May seems forever from today. I will though say I am NOT a fan of Mickey Roarke. He's just not my thing. Robert....yes...Mickey no. Sorry Mickey....the movie still looks good.

I liked how they left Sherlock Holmes....teasing us that there will be a second movie! Guy Ritchie...I'm all for it! Please make another one!



I wanted to share a few more ideas for Valentine's Day! This first one was shown on Show Me St. Louis. I always try to bring a recyle project on. Something you can make with an item you might already have in your home to keep costs down. This one...I think most of you will have or have something similiar in size and shape!







Recycled "Pringle" Pretzel Container

PaperTrey Ink Simple Valentine Papers
K & Company Ka-zoo Paper & Valentine Tag
Puffy Heart from Michael's
Fiskars Scallop Heart & Heart Punch
Glue Glider Pro by Glue Arts
May Arts Ribbon
Marvy Mega Scallop Circle Punch

For Pretzels:

Chocolate Bark
Valentine Candy Sprinkles
Pretzel Rods

1)Wrap Pringles can with cute papers. Adhere to can. Tie ribbon around and add Valentine Tag.
2)Punch circle and heart for top of can. Inks edges and adhere to lid. Add cute puffy heart!

3) For pretzels...melt bark in microwave according to package instructions. Use spatula and drip bark over pretzel. Twist pretzel to allow excess bark to run off. Immediately add sprinkles and set onto wax paper to set.
4)Wrap up in a clear cellophane bag and give to someone sweet!


Need a quick and easy decoration for your house? We have found that our chandelier in our dining room makes the perfect spot to add items to hang. For Christmas we hung snowflakes and stars...so I got to thinking what would work for Valentine's? Well hearts of course! I used heart doilies, punched hearts and my favorite...fishing line. You don't need a heavy line...thinner line looks nice and will do the job. I believe I use 8 pound line. I simply inked the hearts, punched some colorful hearts using the cute Paper Trey Simple Valentine paper, inked those hearts and glued to the doily. Then threaded the fishing line through and hung at varying lengths from the chandelier. My family loves it!

Last for today...a new card for the Bo Bunny Card Challenge Tuesday! Once again I used my favorite Persuasion products! LOVE THOSE!




For supplies used please visit the Bo Bunny Blog!

That's it for today....check back in later this week for more Valentine's proejcts that you'll love and I'll share the craft I'm making for Parker's class!

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment