Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thoughts

Now that is a riveting, original post title. For Helen Steiner Rice.

Look, I've been at this for 5 years now, and I have never once used the word "Thoughts" as a post title, so I think if I want to just this once, I should be able. I've earned the right, like an old person who has earned the right to yell, "Get off my lawn!" to kids. You just get to say that after a certain time, so I just get to entitle my post, "Thoughts."

Because "Random" I've used a couple of times before.

George is working late tonight, so I decided, after work, to stop by Panera because it's been a long time since I've been there. "Long time" is a relative word, but it feels like a lifetime when I've gone for a few days without a Panera bagel or bowl of soup.

So I walk in and who do I see? My boss, whom I just saw 10 minutes ago and said goodbye to for the weekend. ("Oh, awkward hello again, Boss!")

Don't ya hate when awkward happens?

I'm having my beloved tomato bisque with the parmesan-ny croutons. And then I have bread on the side. Because, you know, "bread." I think someone once said, "Man cannot live by bread alone," but ... oh, I didn't mean to be irreverent. I know I have offended someone. I can see your offended face right now, Church Lady.

I also came in here to finally read some official papers that I've been putting off reading for about 2 weeks now.

These are not complicated papers, but they do have some amount of detail I need to retain. The subject matter is actually something I care about, too.

But guess what? Every time I look at the stack, I suddenly remember I've got something really important to do in the opposite direction.

Like blogging and eating soup.

So here they lie, stacked all nice and neatly on my table while I talk to you. The nice Panera employee just wiped a few tables around me and gave me a smile which might be saying, "Done yet? Done yet? Finished?" but I'm ignoring her. I wish I could rent booth space here.

Anyway, is there some task in life that you regularly put off? What is it? Why do you think you procrastinate completing the task?

Ok, time to put the blog away and get to the stack. As soon as I check my FB page.

No comments:

Post a Comment