Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Weight

For about a week, Jorge has been telling me that I appear to be losing weight.

You'd think that observation would be very encouraging, wouldn't you?

Except that he says it looks like I'm losing weight in my head.

Yes, I said in my head. Not face, but head.

I said, "Are you sure it's not just that my hair is flatter? Face is thinner?"

"Nope. It looks like your head is getting smaller."

Thus we posed for the above pic.

Gee, I was hoping we'd make it to next June when we'll be celebrating our 25th, but in light of this kick he's on, I'm considering knocking him into next year without me.

Weight, Part II

After my gym work out today, I ran to WOWmart to pick up a few things. In the produce section, I hear, "LINDA!"

I turn to see an old friend, who also happens to have been Jorge's high school sweetheart. I truly love her very much-not just words.

Anyway, beautiful then, beautiful now. Groan.

As an adult, she put on quite a bit of weight, but she lost it recently and was so thin I absolutely did not recognize her.

I couldn't stop looking at her face and body, although I knew I was being rude. I just couldn't help myself. She said many people do not even recognize her.

As I stood there gawking, I remembered that I just came from the gym and had fewer clothes on than I'm used to wearing.

Like, here's what I wore to church last week:


And then I remembered that since she has seen me last, I've probably gained 15-20 lbs.

Ouch.

All I could think of when I walked away was, "Don't see me from behind. Don't see me from behind."

But I don't know why I'm so worried. After all, her head is still bigger than mine.

Lucky Jorge. If life had not turned out like this, he might have married her, and there he'd be stuck with a woman with a not small head. I hope he knows how blessed he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment