Saturday, August 15, 2009

Insomnia

It's 5:28 am, and I've been awake since 2:00 due to mid-life hormonal power surges and the persistent snore next to me.

So I got up and wrote a draft for Internet Cafe.

Zoe is looking at me. She is quite confused. "This isn't in the routine," is what she is thinking, only in dog language.

She is constantly looking at me. Even when I clean the glass in the front door:


Yes, that is a "Yorkie border" that she is peeking over, designed to keep her from the front part of the house because she is not trustworthy at all, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, her constant observation of me reminds me of Rockwell's "Somebody's Watching Me," circa 1984.

When I'm in the shower
I'm afraid to wash my hair
'Cause I might open my eyes
And find someone standing there ....

No comments:

Post a Comment