Friday, August 28, 2009

Check this out!

One of the perks of hangin' with the JunkFest gals is gettin in on the goods before the rest of the world! I snagged this baby up last year a good 10-12 hours before the sale even began!! Yep....Andrea was hauling this gem into the building and I was oohing and ahhing and drooling on myself as she did so. This gorgeous re-creation wasn't in the door 10 minutes before I was loading her up in my 'burb and headin' for home!
According to Andrea, this beautiful wine buffet was not always the Cinderella you see here. Seems there were several pieces missing.....like the back, the top, and perhaps the bottom, but she waved her magic junk wand and came up with what you see here. It fits perfectly in my dining room, and holds a good 8-10 bottles of wine. Or 8 good bottles of wine....or 8 cheap bottles of wine....you decide.

What you see here is an inverted (junk-speak for 'upside down') heat register grate, in place of the now-vacant drawers. Guess those were missing too. For those of you who don't already know this, our Junk Girl is very resourceful!! Wonder whose house those grates came from??!




I'm really sorry that no one else got to eyeball this beauty at last year's JunkFest, but I'm not gonna lie....I'm thrilled that it's MINE. I'm fairly certain that you'll find equally fabulous pieces at JunkFest '09. All you gotta do is show up! Gotta run....as you can see, I'm getting low on wine!


No comments:

Post a Comment