Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Remember ... It's Just a Laundry Room

But it's a rockin' laundry room, I think!

Let me say that the color on the walls is not exactly what you see here. It's not hot pink. I tried flash/no flash/flash without overhead lights/no flash backdoor open, etc., and nothing matched the true colors.

It's not exactly watermelon pink, and it's not red. It's coral, which is a pinky red, kind of like salmon. So just keep that in mind. It's not hot pink.

In fact, the walls are more like this color, so keep this in mind:




















And of course, you can click on each picture to see better.

So here is the little room when you walk in:



Here is a sort of corner shot. Note that my ironing board folds out of the wall (to the left of the basket). I love that it doesn't have to stand all of the time or be folded up and put away. Have I mentioned I am lazy?



On top of the cabinets, I put tropical colored baskets and pics of my girlfriends and me on the lake. Summertime fun! I searched everywhere for just the right baskets. Even Hobby Lobby disappointed me. I found these half price at a Jo-Ann's Fabric store. I cannot tell you how excited I was.





OK, here is a feature that I love. A couple of years ago, we vacationed on Anna Maria Island, FL. It was probably the best vacation we ever had. So I had a collage made on the Walmart photo site. I chose the lime green background, the font, and pics, of course. There are actually 30 pictures on here. I LOVE seeing this reminder of Paradise when I throw dirty clothes in the washer. It's therapeutic.




Here is a poster that goes well with the island theme, I think:



Here is a print I found at Hobby Lobby called "Palm with Red Sky." Please note that part of the reason it took me so long to complete the room is that I waited for all frames and prints to go half price.



This is the print that started it all. I wish you could see it in person. The flower in the lower left hand corner cried out to me: "Hey, Pale Island Girl. Wouldn't you like to be on a beach with white sand, sipping a drink and carrying me behind your ear?" And I said, "Why yes, Tropical Flower, I would. I'm going to take you home now." Oh I wish you could see the true color.





Here's the real island girl. This is also sort of her room:



So there you have it, my new laundry Florida room. When slushy, dreary March 2010 rolls around, I may bring a lawn chair in here and just bask in the tropical ambience. All I'll need is a box fan, a cool drink, and a great book. Until the buzzer on the dryer rings!

No comments:

Post a Comment