Friday, July 29, 2011

Summer Diary Day 71: Penny Carnival

Dear summer diary,
Today the girls accompanied me to the Penny Carnival at our small town fair. I set up a photo booth & took polaroids while they ran around & played games. It was a hot afternoon, but a glad one.
Most of the props I have are the girls' dress up clothes. A few were purchased from the $1 store. I even made those ever-so-popular "moustaches on a stick". (There's even a pair of lips in there.) I also got the chance to borrow an amazing box of wigs for today's occasion. (*Thanks Oneva!!*) I need to get my own collection of wigs---they are SO MUCH FUN!!


My whole set up is not intimidating at all. I attached a vintage sheet to an expandable curtain "rod" & stretched it across two ladders. I had to tape it due to the wind. For fun, I draped a handmade bunting across the sheet.
It was a small event, so I didn't have very many photo booth takers. That's OK though. It was fun watching my girls bounce around & having a day of summer fun.
I didn't get a chance to play at all!! So, I'll have to pull out all the props & have some silly dress-up fun too...


P.S. Funnel Cake. Boo-yah.
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment