Friday, July 15, 2011

Bags and Belts

Been makin' some belts and makin' some bags.  And lovin' every minute of it.

This parcel went off to Nate and his family today.  Anastasia revealed that they have been going to the library at Brevard, and I remember how Sam liked having a little tractor-fabric bag to carry his library books in.  When I saw these spectacular zebras, I didn't hesitate for a minute.




This photo isn't so good.  But just look at those not-the-hippopotamuses!  I've not talked with Andrew and Amy about Eli's use of the library, but if he's not going yet, he soon will be.

It was when we were visiting with them that we were first exposed to the not-the-hippopotamus phenomenon, and found it enchanting.  I'd never seen hippopotamus fabric before and grabbed this up as though the bolt were threatening to flee out the door before my eyes!  Both bags are lined with plain white.  One has batting for stabilizing and the other has super strength iron-on Pellon.

One more bag in my plans -- a gift for my old high school friend that I met for lunch a couple of weeks ago.

ADDENDUM:  By popular demand, here is the link to the belt tutorial.  Thanks, Susan, so very much!



No comments:

Post a Comment