Monday, September 20, 2010

Working on WISPs

Longer ago that I'm able (or willing) to admit, Juliann posted a picture of this amazing quilt she'd made: Festival of Trees.  This picture isn't Juliann's quilt (it was on her previous blog which has since been taken down); it is from the internet.  The point is, I saw that quilt and I was a goner.  I was heavily into buttonhole stitch and heavily into wool at the time.  So I ordered the whole kit and kaboodle and plunged into it.  Got eight of the big blocks and two of the five smaller blocks finished and then

Well, I don't know what then.

Absolutely determined to finish my WISPS, and with Sister's Choice the current machine project, I looked last night for some handwork to prep -- it is getting into the seasons of year where Joe and I watch Netflix at night and occasionally even the real television.  Digging around, I uncovered Festival of Trees and was surprised to find out how far along I was!  I prepped the red block with the white tree in the upper right hand corner, and then while we watched part of Ken Burns' "Civil War" I stitched happily away.  Hoping tonight to get the rest of the blocks prepped and into the basket in the living room.

On other potential finishes, there is Sister's Choice, rows waiting to be sewn together and then a decision about borders; Caramel and Indigo Baskets, awaiting border; Bill's Baskets, awaiting border; Cinnamon Latte, awaiting border.  There seems to be a pattern here.  Fortunately, Festival of Trees is borderless!




No comments:

Post a Comment