Sunday, September 12, 2010

Farmer's Wife Seeks Good Home


Some of you have been following my cranky journey with The Farmer's Wife.  Well, friends, this afternoon I cut the border strips and just might get some of them sewn on this evening.  In any event, I don't need the book anymore.  Actually, I haven't needed it for quite some time, ever since I decided to go my own way with this project.

I've noticed on some blogs some rising excitement about The Farmer's Wife.  People are signing up for classes, eager to learn to use templates, wanting to discuss farm life, that kind of thing.

So if there is anyone out there who wants to embark on this journey, I'm offering the book (complete with pencil marks but that is about all), the CD, and the printed out templates.  Would happily trade all of this for some of your CW scraps -- I've got an urge to try a Dresden Plate.  Or if you've something else to trade, lemme know.  I'd love to get this out and in the mail during the coming week.  Monday Morning Update:  A trade has been negotiated and will take place this week.

And, friends, if you really want to know about farm life, I direct you to the Pulitzer prize-winning novel our book club will be discussing later this month:  A Thousand Acres, by Jane Smiley.  Warning:  Not a happy book.  But exquisitely written, and frankly, I had a lot of trouble putting it down.  Should make for an excellent discussion.

And now back to the border.


No comments:

Post a Comment