Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Macro Makes Me Merry!

Oh my gosh. I had the most insane day laboring yesterday on Labor Day. I was planning on popping into work for just a couple hours, but ended up staying for 6. And then I had to be back later in the evening for the infamous Monday night shift. (That would be the 8 o'clock at night until who-knows-what-o-clock in the morning shift.) That's the life of a newspaper. I love it though! Except, it's pretty brutal getting off at 3:15 in the morning, sleeping for 3 hours, & then having to wakey-wakey to help the children get ready for school & then drive them there. Triple "Ugh!".
Tuesdays are not my best days.
Before my napping hour commenced though, I pulled out my camera for some photo fun.
I played around with photojojo's latest happy camera trick, which involves a macro lens.
But, alas! I have no macro lens. (insert sad face...) No problemo! You don't NEED a macro lens to take macro photos. (insert extremely exuberant, animated & chipper face!) The trick actually involves removing my current lens & flipping it over. Everything appears macro-riffic!
I even used some lenses from a 35mm Olympus that my mom recently gave me.
Sweet fun!!!
Here is the extent of the macro power I get on my current camera:


But here is the detail I get when I try the macro flip-trick:




Isn't that the coolest? Here are some other random pics I took:

My mascara-messy eyelashes after 3 hours of sleep for the night..

Tiny leaf of a sunflower plant.


The detail on my machine-stitched WhiMSy love envelopes.

Ink pen heart.
I LOVE photojojo. If you're a camera/photography/picture freak like me--you should totally sign up for their free newsletters. Lots of neato stuff in your email-box, twice a week!
And for the instructions on how to take your own macro lens-less macro photos, cick HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment