Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Labored Over My RD12 Answers ....




1. Describe the best sandwich in the world, according to you.

After reading someone's answer today (Who, Brain, who? Who said this? I don't know.) I drove myself right over to Panera and got the Mediterranean Veggie. Mmmmmm good. I also love the Veggie Delights at Subway. Not so into meat, as you can tell.

2. Which inspires you more: a good conversation, a song, a book or movie?

Song. It can be intentionally inspirational (like Jason Gray's "More Like Falling in Love") or it can be an oldie that evokes memories (70s songs) or it can be current and just change my whole outlook (John Mayer, Maroon 5). The happiest song ever written? "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves.

3. What is your favorite board game?

I think I would agree with many of you and answer "Scrabble." A pseudo board game I enjoy is Scattergories.

4. As you grow older, are you more or less patient with small children?

More. The other day a little one spilled a drink in a restaurant, and the mother, while calm and staid, got her crew together and exited quickly, with this little one crying and reaching up to her to be picked up. I don't blame her for wanting to get out of there, but my heart broke for Little Spiller. When I have a grandchild, this softness could be problematic with the parents, but I will try to keep my mouth shut.

5. Name one item you never let yourself run out of.

Paper towel and toilet paper, in that order, for some reason.

6. Do you agree with Tennyson's assertion, "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?"

Honestly, the pain has been so bad that I would say I disagree. If I had never loved, I could still live in a Disney dream world and hope for the future. I would grieve not having a real relationship, I'm sure, but I would have been spared deep, deep heartache. That's just me, being honest.

7. Name one national treasure or monument that you have visited.

Grand Canyon. I was only about 7, but I'll never forget it.

8. Which is more painful, to be disappointed in someone else or to be disappointed in yourself?

I'm more shocked when someone else disappoints me. I tend to put people on pedestals. But I get more angry with myself for messing up.

9. What makes your kitchen uniquely yours?

A black and white accent wall that has a large damask pattern. Also, lots of paper goods. Because I would rather not do dishes or cook. All of those paper goods sing, "Lid's Kitchen, Come and Get It (Yourself!)"

10. Are you a crafty person?

Not really, BUT--I have picked up a new hobby, which I shall reveal soon. It is along the craft vein.

11. What is your favorite traditional picnic or bbq (cookout) food?

This appears to be a simple question at first glance, but wow--the choices are all clamoring for their day in the sun, as it were. OK--this will shock you, since I don't like meat that much, but I do love a grilled hot dog. If I went vegetarian, which I plan to, I would have the most trouble giving up bacon and grilled hot dogs. "Yuck" in theory and at the molecular level, "YUM" at the tastebud level.

12. Name one leisurely activity you enjoyed over Labor Day Weekend.

I watched two TCM movies back to back and worked on my new hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment