Saturday, September 25, 2010

It's beginning to look alot like AUTUMN...

Happy Weekend! Last night's high school football game was a great reminder that AUTUMN is here and in full force! The evening was crisp and clear (no wind - yeah!), the football field lights burned bright against the evening sky, and the smell of a burning wood stove in a nearby neighborhood filled the air. I truly adore the season of FALL. It really got me in the mood to FINALLY dig out my fall decorations!

On a recent junk jaunt, I picked up this adorable gage. Cute, huh? I thought this basket of fall leaves and Indian corn needed a little embellishing...


I've had this single sunflower for years. I think last year it sat under a cloche, but this year I hung it off center on an old crib frame and sat it on the mantel above the fireplace.

I like the graphic look of it. I just know my almost 16 year old will have something to say about a crib piece on the mantel, but I'll just remind him his job is to focus on FOOTBALL - not my decorating ideas!

Okay...I have ALOT more to dig out, so I better get my butt back to work. There'll be lots of fall and Halloween decor to come. I haven't usually gone all-out for Halloween before, but in the thrift store I happily found some great fake "web" for 39 cents a bag and have a fun idea for it - so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment