Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sister's Choice

Here's as far as I got last night during the Friday Night Sew-In.  When I began, I had all of the nine-patch centers done, eight or so of the blocks complete, and I had some of the lattice strips and all of the cornerstones cut.

I moved along at a nice comfortable pace until about nine o'clock or so and then Blackberry decided he couldn't take it any more.  He demanded some serious attention.  So I called it a night.

Diana, darling, this is what scrappy is.  And these are Civil War fabrics.  Click on the picture to make it bigger so you can see them.  And I hope you visited Bonnie's site to find out about leaders and enders.  I love the way you've jumped so fearlessly into quilting.  Next thing we know, you'll be a blogger!

Today my sister and I went to the Mancuso show in Oaks.  I know we'll always call it the Fort Washington Quilt Show because for many years that's where it was held.  It was a good show!  I was pleased with the number of traditional quilts they had.  I loved the Liza and Kaffe exhibit.  The aisles were nice and wide.  The quilts were hung well.  The buffet lunch was decent.  There was ample seating.  I'm glad we went!

I bought no fabric!  I did buy a tape measure.  And a brown pigma pen.  And some other notion; I forget what it was.  I also bought a maple and glass table/quilt storage container, something I've needed for a long time.  Right now we have it in the morning room empty.  Tomorrow I'll try to get my finished quilts and my flimsies loaded into it.

But now I'm going to go downstairs and get the rest of those blocks done!



No comments:

Post a Comment