Thursday, July 1, 2010

Basket Case

Judi and Mary arrived last night from the UK, each bringing with her the final indigo and caramel blocks for my project.  Here's a picture of all of them, up on the wall.

Math not being my strong point, I discover I have three more indigo background blocks than I need.  The bottom three will go on the back of the quilt.  Unless it turns out that I can't help myself and make four more caramels for another row . . . .  That could happen.

My plan is to look for some CW fabric in the lighter indigo color that shows up here and there in the blocks and use that for lattice and side triangles, and a darker, richer caramel for the cornerstones and the binding.  Honna and I will be at Sauder's and Old Country Store on July 9 and most likely I'll find what I need there.

I still need four more blocks for Bill's Baskets.  The thing is, I'm caught in that uncomfortable place of being eager to see the finished project at the same time as being reluctant to have the process come to an end. 

Because I'm a process, not project person.  A journey, not destination kind of gal.  I learned that years ago.

But this time around, I'm starting to really look forward to seeing what is in my head come into a reality.

What about you?  Journey or destination?  Process or project?  Or some of each?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment