Monday, July 26, 2010

WWJD ... What Would Jillian Demand?




There's my ticker. And I'm telling YOU about it.

Ruh-roh. Now it's set it stone.

Yes, I purchased Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred because I've been wanting to beat myself up lately, especially since I dropped my phone in the ocean and my camera twice and killed it.

So, you know, I might as well shred myself.

You all know I love to run. [And let me plug the best blogger-mom-runner blog in the Uni: See My Mom Run! written by Melanie Dorsey, who has a great story to share; go visit her even if you're not into running.]

But running works the big ol' hinder muscles and leg muscles. It doesn't do much for noodle arms or arms that veterans mistakenly grab and wave at parades.

And the midsection, known in the exercise world as the "core," well, it could use a little attention, too.

So I picked Jillian up, half excited with anticipation, half scared, because, well, I'm a fan of Biggest Loser, and she is mean, er, tough.

So for 10 days, I do level one. Then I begin level 2 and continue for 10 days. Level 3 for 10 days follows, and voila, I am shredded into tiny ribbons that will have to be paper mached back together.

Here is a visual to make my point.












Today was Day 3, and I'm feeling it, but by golly, I don't wimp out because I believe she SEES me through that screen.

So for the next 30 days, mentally, I'm wearing a bracelet that says WWJD, and you know what that will be representing. (see post title)

And above all, I will remember this gem of wisdom which I've had in my sidebar for months:

No comments:

Post a Comment