Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Six Oaks?

Twelve Oaks, the name I've pretty much decided to go with, is one strip shy of half put together.  So, would that be Six Oaks?

Sorry.

As you can see, it is too big for my design wall, so I'm putting it together randomly, pairing up nine-patch blocks and plain squares and then pairing up the pairs, until I have the length row I need.  Then sewing the rows together without knowing how the blocks will fall. The  longest row completed is ten nine-patch blocks long; the center row will be eleven.

I threw in the shoo fly block for interest.  Might do a churn dash later on, but not sure about that.  The shorter rows are a lot of fun to put together.  The longer ones, not so much.  But I'm liking this quilt and today, when the high was 100 degrees and the heat index even higher, it was nice to imagine needing Twelve Oaks to sleep under in another four or five months!

No comments:

Post a Comment