Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Break: Day 66

I got to ride in an air conditioned John Deere tractor & be a spectator in the whole wheat harvesting process. It was quite amazing & awesome to see all that goes into it! We rode right up beside a combine &, while it was still thrashing wheat, it loaded us up with grain. And then we dumped it in the big semi-trucks, waiting to take it to their next stop.
I even learned, for the first time, how to pluck a head of wheat & smoosh the thing up in your hand---leaving the wheat kernels & letting the chaff blow away in the wind.
I prolly ate a sandwhich worth of wheat.
By the time I got home, I was covered in a fine layer of dust.

I also got to take a peek (from a distance) at my friend Beulah's bees she keeps. Beulah & the bees make honey. In the near future, I am planning on suiting up, bee-style, & getting up close & personal with those buzzin' bugs!
To see the rest of the photos from my day out, click HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment