Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Please, Oh Please, Read my Random Answers



I don't know what happened yesterday, but there were apparently oodles of problems with Mr. Linky. I apologize. But neither rain or sleet nor snow nor hail nor aberrant Mr. Linkys will keep you die-hards from answering the Random, and I appreciate that. You are the best. MWAAA! Big Hollywood/left kidney of the US kiss. So here are my answers, if you are interested.



1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?

I asked this on Facebook and received at least 35 comments. Personally, I don't think they flatter many women. But it's difficult to find a feminine-looking strappy sandal now that doesn't show this influence. Unless you count those ones in Payless that you dye and wear in weddings. So, I'll probably buy a pair that look a little similar, but not over the top. For one thing, I'm 47. For another, I have thick ankles. I don't want people to confuse Linda Crow with Russell Crowe. And by the way, as a male fashion? It's a definite "NAY." "NEIN." "NEM." "NYET." Or, even better in Chinese Mandarin: "BU SHI ZHE YANG!"



2. What is your favorite pizza?

This answer will intersect with #4.

3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]

I'd love anything from LOST. I also love the gowns in Jane Austen movies, although I wouldn't wear them. I'd just like to look at them up close and them maybe donate them to a high school theatre department. I'd like Grace Kelly's sunglasses, and I'd wear them!



4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.

There is an Indiana pizza chain called "Pizza King" that native Hoosiers love. In fact, ex-pats sometimes have it shipped to them, which is quite expensive, I understand.

Pizza King's long-time slogan is "Ring the King." I can't count how many "Royal Feasts" I've had after school and after games with friends over the years. It's a part of my heritage! I have heard, though, that it is an acquired taste, and if you don't grow up eating it, you might not love it right away. If we're introducing you to Pizza King and you have a less than enraptured reaction, we swiftly take you out and throw you onto a train and send you to Chicago or Cincinnati or just "somewhere else." More Pizza King for us!



5. What is your current favorite snack?

OK. This is really bad. Every night, I have a cup of decaf with whole cream. But that's not all. I shake the cream in the carton for about 30 seconds and then pour it in. The result is a foaminess that lasts quite a while! It's a like a barista came to my house and made something special for me. But ... that's not all. I then dip a biscotti cookie in this. OH.MY.GOSH. So good-too good! My favorite is "Decadence" by Noni. Now, there's an art to dipping biscotti into coffee because it's a very delicate treat ... but if it falls in, you can just spoon up the goodness and slurp it up!



6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")

A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
C. Survivor

I can't dance. I'd make Kate Gosselin look good. I'm not a camper. So that leaves Biggest Loser. Although I might not do so well at the challenges, I think I'd do well in a structured weight-loss regimen. Bring it!

7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior?

Oh, what a sore spot! I just knew that when my kids got big, I'd have a perpetually neat car. Not so. I'm so embarrassed! I'll give myself a 4 or 5. (Blushes)

8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________.

I smell cut grass!

9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____.

looking at Carol Burnett skits on line.

10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.

Losing my last two pounds. GRRRRRR. BISCOTTI, YOU ARE MY GUILTY PLEASURE!

11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week.

When we get our spiritual house in order, we'll be dead. This goes on. You arrive at enough certainty to be able to make your way, but it is making it in darkness. Don't expect faith to clear things up for you. It is trust, not certainty.
-- Flannery O'Connor


12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you.

They all love to go to Starbucks, and the girls like to go shopping. They all like to eat out, too. They may look exactly like my husband, but they share my "likes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment